Quick Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients:2 skinless chicken breast fillets ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese ¼ cup bread crumbs ½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano 1 egg Dash of salt 2 tablespoons olive oil ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese ¼ cup marinara sauce
1. Place chicken breasts flat on a sheet of wax paper and cover with another sheet. Pound the breasts lightly with a rolling pin until they are about 1/3 of an inch. Pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and oregano in a bowl. Lightly beat the egg and salt in another bowl.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg. Shake lightly and coat with the breadcrumb mixture. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook each side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle mozzarella over the chicken pieces before removing them from the heat. Transfer cooked chicken to serving plates while you prepare the marinara sauce.
5. Warm up your marinara sauce in a small saucepan for 1-2 minutes. Once heated, spoon equal amounts of sauce over your chicken breasts.
Serve with a side of steamed vegetables for a light and healthy lunch.